Re: [NTLK] pcmcia slot

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Wed Feb 13 2002 - 10:43:41 EST

On 13/02/02 09:59, "Rui Curveira" <rui_at_interlog.com> wrote:

> you can use a modem card in the MP100?
> I have a Megahertz 28.8/14.4 Data/fax card model XJ4288 ... will that work? I
> tried putting it in the slot and as well as being very tight, the MP100 said
> something about the memory card being improperly formatted (sorry I don't
> remember the error), I tried it again just now and it said "No Card Inserted",
> am guessing I need drivers for the card if it works at all?

Yes, you might be missing a driver to recognize the card. It's been a long
time ago, back in 1993 when I had an MP100, so I might forget a few things
;-D

-Laurent.

bug-compatible adj.: [common] Said of a design or revision that has been
badly compromised by a requirement to be compatible with fossils or
misfeatures in other programs or (esp.) previous releases of itself. "MS-DOS
2.0 used \ as apath separator to be bug-compatible with some cretin's choice
of / as an option character in 1.0."