Re: [NTLK] broken newton?

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Feb 17 2002 - 15:15:49 EST

The rule of thumb is to do one thing at a time. Don't
proceed to the next step until you are completly sure
that the first step is fully functional.
You are correct, the ROM board is that SODIMM looking
thing that looks like a memory socket
And I looked over the page you gave and it does give
good information. But, I caution you! This operation
will test your soldering skills to the limit! I don't
know about you, but SMD soldering with a regular
soldering irons scares me a little! I went out and
purchased one of those head-band magnifying goggles
just for working on my Newt! It gives me a headache
afterwards, but my newt is better for it!
Ed
web/gadget guru
come and see my Newt on the web (well, mostly) at:
http://65.84.243.167

--- doppler <doppler_at_mac.com> wrote:

<snip>
> BTW: is the ROM board "in the middle-right-bottom"
> the chip that looks like
> detachable RAM on a regular computer? (it seems so)
>
> BTW nr 2: i thought about performing a memory
> upgrade at the same time, is
> this the best instruction page?
> http://user.chollian.net/~cehz/frame2.htm
>
> thanks for all help!