[NTLK] Header in digests for easier replies

From: Joel M. Sciamma (joelsciamma_at_compuserve.com)
Date: Tue Feb 19 2002 - 05:34:57 EST

Victor,

Following Woo's excellent recommendation of Digest Viewer for the Mac, I
have been using it very successfully with NTLK.

DV has a feature that allows digests to be read from the clipboard so I have
a KeyQuencer macro that copies a digest from my email prog to DV for
immediate viewing.

When there, DV can allow you to create a response to the list but only if it
can find the server address in the text. At the moment
newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net does not appear in the body of the message so DV
cannot make automatic replies.

I have asked Matthew Hershberger what would be required and he tells me that
a string such as "Send list messages to: newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net" at the
top of the message body (or before the first message) would enable the list
reply feature.

Would it be possible to add this to the top of digests for those of us who
use DV?

When DV is used on messages exported from the email prog. the reply works
fine as the message header serves the same purpose.

Many thanks,

Joel.