Re: [NTLK] megahertz 144/2100 connection issue

From: Laurent Daudelin (nemesys_at_cox.rr.com)
Date: Wed Feb 20 2002 - 02:17:18 EST

on 20/02/02 01:32, Alex at admeddemda_at_f-m.fm wrote:

> hi all-- in upgrading from a 130 to my new 2100, I am just now
> trying to get 'connected'.... I notice the setup is somewhat
> different from the 130... seems simpler, but i cannot get a
> connection... i'm sure this is a modem issue... is there a driver
> that I need in order to use the megahertz 144? I think I used one for
> the 130, but I cant find it anywhere now. I have tried using the
> built in 14.4 normal, alt 1 and alt 2, and none get past the ppp
> stage. (I have it set for "use any pc card")
> If anyone could point me in the right direction, i'd appreciate it.

It'd be helpful if you were providing the brand of your modem and maybe its
model number...

-Laurent.

COBOL /koh'bol/ n.: [COmmon Business-Oriented Language] (Synonymous with evil.) A weak, verbose, and flabby language used by card wallopers to do boring mindless things on dinosaur mainframes. Hackers believe that all COBOL programmers are suits or code grinders, and no self-respecting hacker will ever admit to having learned the language. Its very name is seldom uttered without ritual expressions of disgust or horror. One popular one is Edsger W. Dijkstra's famous observation that "The use of COBOL cripples the mind; its teaching should, therefore, be regarded as a criminal offense."