Re: [NTLK] best browser?

From: Steve Weyer (weyer_at_kagi.com)
Date: Sat Feb 23 2002 - 07:00:25 EST

> From: Alex <admeddemda_at_f-m.fm>
>
> I've been toying with NetHopper 3 on my 2100, but it seems to take 3
> minutes+ searching/connecting to google, w/o downloading anything.
>
> Is there a "best browser" for the 2100?
> What browser would listees recommend?

"best" really depends on a lot of requirements/expectations:
- ability to handle certain protocol or HTML features,
- speed of download and rendering,
- quality of rendering,
- system configuration
- user interface preference
- support,
etc.
(and "your mileage may vary" from someone else's)

> I am about to install Newtscape, and see how that handles.

I hope it can do better for what you need;
be sure to check out Peter Rand's guide to getting started.

--
Steve
  weyer_at_kagi.com