Re: [NTLK] Newbie needs help connecting his newton 130

From: Stephen Jendraszak (stevehj_at_mac.com)
Date: Sat Feb 23 2002 - 19:28:52 EST

Ah! I have had that problem before. There are a few things that could be
using the port, but the most common is AppleTalk or the printer. Try to
select a printer in the Chooser that connects via some other port, even
if you don't have one. For example, select the LaserWriter 8 icon, even
if you don't own one. For the rest, I am going to assume you trying for
a simple serial connection, not an AppleTalk connection. AppleTalk is
faster, but for now, let's just try to get serial working. In the
Chooser, turn AppleTalk off. In Newton Connection, set it to connect to
the Newton over serial. Now, in the Newton's Dock Application, set the
connection to serial and try to connect. Let me know if this works.

sj