Re: [NTLK] NCU backup -1 errors - known fix?

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_mac.com)
Date: Tue Feb 26 2002 - 11:57:16 EST

on 2/26/02 10:28 AM, Marco Mailand at Newton2k1_at_mac.com wrote:

> After a half year Apple, or was it already Newton
> Inc., finished the beta and issued the final version and not long after
> that the Newton was cancelled. So there was only two version which have been
> tested by users and I don't know whether Apple listed to bug reports at all.

Actually, to correct a small error. It is NCU 1. There never was an NCU 2.
Also for the record, they did listen to bug reports. I worked with a a
fellow named Steve for a couple of months to get my 120 to sync with Now
Contact and Claris Organizer, or even to export data. We never got it
working, and after buying a second 120 and getting it to work, I decided
that the problem was my Newton, not NCU. (It was an upgraded unit that never
ceased to give me quibbly little problems) But, yes, Apple did listen to bug
reports as they certainly tried hard enough to fix my "bug" (oh, they even
sent me a couple special "edition" of the beta to see if they had fixed the
problem.)

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland