Re: [NTLK] Question... What do you use your newton for?

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Tue Feb 26 2002 - 14:39:50 EST

On 26/02/02 14:28, "Robert Benschop" <rbenschop_at_mac.com> wrote:

> on 26-02-2002 8:12, Laurent Daudelin at laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com
> wrote:
>
>> Not sure which version of GeekSafe Loren is using
> -snip-
>> Loren, if you're using 1.1, I hope you're doing export to the Notepad from
>> time to time, right?
>
> Laurent, are you telling us that making a backup of your Newt
> (including GeekSafe of course) isn't good enough ?

I think it's good. I haven't investigated this, but I seem to recall from
the last few times that I did a backup onto the computer that there was no
"GeekSafe" soup per se. I think that the original author deliberately
concealed the soup name when the backup is done by omitting some
information. The backup is still performed, but if you look carefully when
you restore, the soup doesn't have a name, or it's made of blank spaces.
It's usually the first one showing up in the NCU dialog when you do a
restore.

The other reason to export to Note, beside what I just said, is should
something happen to your Newton, you would hardly be able to do anything
with the backup on your desktop. Thus, I, as the guy that did modify
GeekSafe, would recommend that you export to the Notepad, then print the
relevant notes created by GeekSafe and keep those hard copies in a safe
place, just in case...

-Laurent.