Re: [NTLK] The Best Way to create a database for linguistics?

From: Oliver Brose (oliver.brose_at_t-online.de)
Date: Tue Feb 26 2002 - 17:52:55 EST

> Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 20:32:18 +0100
> Subject: Re: [NTLK] The Best Way to create a database for linguistics?
> From: Robert Benschop <rbenschop_at_mac.com>
>

> on 26-02-2002 8:19, Oliver Brose at oliver.brose_at_t-online.de wrote:
>
>> I have a dream, and that dream includes me beeing able to learn stupid
>> boring facts with fun and ease. I hate stupid boring facts if they are
>> supposed to be just stupid boring facts and I am not allowed to play wit=
>> them.
>
> Sorry won't be able to help you since my goal in life is the opposite,
> to forget all of the stupid boring facts and remember the important ones,
> which somehow seem always much more elusive ;-)

Robert, I am very happy for you having archived a status in your life where
you can allow yourself this kind of view. I for myself am still very, very
young, only 23, and I have to learn and know a great many stupid boring
facts in order to get my hands on some kind of degree one day that will say
"Oliver knows how to think and how to work with his thought's fruit, so you
better pay him very well.". Afterwards, I will happily forget everything
that I might consider useless but exam-related.
Currently, I am of course far too clueless about language-science to decide
what is truly useless, so I have to organize the ingredients before I blend
them into a yummy shake.

No database may ever contain the important things, as they are the ones to
be found in Avi's Backdrop's notes section in the morning ;)

Oliver :)

--
Diese Teile haben 1 GHz und sind kompatibel (wozu auch immer). Der Rest
z=E4hlt nicht. Warum auch? Eine Massenhysterie mu=DF weder ergonomisch, noch