Re: [NTLK] Off topic messages (short)

From: Eric L. Strobel (fyzycyst_at_home.com)
Date: Wed Jan 02 2002 - 22:40:43 EST

somewhere near the temporal coordinates of 1/2/02 10:14 PM, the entity known
as Sushi transmitted the following from Sushi_at_ragingbull.com:

> Maybe a good rule of thumb to follow, after reading the FAQ, and the
> entire thread that you want to respond to, is to ask yourself, do I have
> anything to add? And if so, then post away.

Another point for everyone to remember is that this list isn't exactly
synchronous. Look at the map. We've got members scattered all over the
globe. Also, some folks don't check their email very often. Some folks
take the digest version. The point I'm trying to make is that we all have
to be somewhat easy-going when it comes to seemingly redundant posts. With
a potential reaction time measured in hours, there's bound to be times when
any number of folks see themselves as being the first to answer a question,
only to receive a flood of prior answers shortly thereafter.

- Eric.