Re: [NTLK] iWalk?

From: Bill Davis (newton_at_ecity.net)
Date: Thu Jan 03 2002 - 01:53:58 EST

>Hmmm, so which is more "real"? The PDA depicted on
>this month's spymac, or the one on spymac the day
>before the iPod was announced?

I agree the one before the iPod announced wasn't real (and said so at the
time).

But the stuff there NOW is different....and if it's a fake, I'm
VEEEEERRRRYYY impressed with the abilities of whoever faked it!
Especially the movies. Not to mention the user interface seems pretty
well designed for a fake.

We'll sure see! It DOES appear to have more than a passing relationship
to the Newton in the HWR, notepad, buttombar and other areas.

Me, I'm crossing my fingers.

>hmmm, a new PDA with a new OS that is not compatible
>with any existing OS...that'll take off...yeah! sure!
>Ed
>web/gadget guru

Except.....it's quite possibly running OS X. Or at least looks like a
stripped down OS X. But I've been betting that if Apple did do another
PDA it'd run MacOS X.

If so, the *nix geeks will love it. I sure hope it IS running OS X, or a
PDA variant of it. A better variant than WinCE/PocketPC is of Windows.

Seems a bit large, though. And I can't tell if there is a memory slot on
the bottom or not. I hope so. If it's missing a memory card, it may not
be for me. (Also if it scratches as much as my iPod does, folks will
lynch 'em.....wonderful machine, but they really fubar'd the case
materials choice.)

 - Bill