[NTLK] Print Pack 1 vs. Print Pack 2

From: Chris Searles (csearles_at_netcologne.de)
Date: Thu Jan 03 2002 - 15:43:15 EST

Sorry folks if this question has been asked before but I checked the FAQ
at www.unna.org and searched the archive of this list but still couldn't
get an exact answer to the following:

How much more compatibility does the Print Pack 2 software offer
viz-a-viz the Print Pack 1 software? I am aware of the differences
between them, i.e.

"PrintPack 1 was a cable with the drivers included in it. PrintPack 2
requires the drivers to be on the Newton." (Quote from Newton FAQ at
splorp.com. See, I did check!)

but how many additional drivers for how many additional printers are we
talking about exactly?

Thanks for any help and advice,

Chris Searles