Re: [NTLK] [OT] Guess the product announcement!

From: PaulMmn (PaulMmn_at_ix.netcom.com)
Date: Mon Jan 07 2002 - 00:18:43 EST

Well, if this is it...

The DANGER web site is www.danger.com

Steve Wozniak joined the board around Dec. 5, 2001 (press release
dated 12/5/2001).

The Danger HipTop:

Radio Independence: GSM GPRS/CDMA 1XRTT

Screen Resolution: 240 x 160

Memory: 8 Meg RAM, 2MB Flash

Dimensions: 11.5 x 6.5 x 3 cm (about the size of a largish beeper)

Weight: 5 oz

Battery: Rechargeable LION

Software: Java apps

Ports: IRDA USB Headset (hands free)

Notifications: Vibration, Multi-color LED, Sound/Music

Sound: 8 voice MIDI Synth

Backlighting: Keyboard & screen

Camera Accessory: Supports multiple cameras via headsetport

Customization: Colored keyboard overlays

Keyboard: 5 row optimized with mini-joystick

The hiptop is billed as usable as a phone, messaging device, internet
surfer, and shoot & email photos.

The JAVA applications part is what thrills me-- roll your own! (:

Memory seems a bit puny for a universal device...

--Paul E Musselman
PaulMmn_at_ix.netcom.nospam.com