Re: [NTLK] Quicken version(?) -> Pocket Quicken connection

From: Laurent Daudelin (nemesys_at_cox.rr.com)
Date: Tue Jan 08 2002 - 22:15:07 EST

on 08/01/02 18:31, Dave's Newton at davesnewton_at_optusnet.com.au wrote:

> Thanks for the cable clarification Laurent.
>
> I have just acquired Quicken v6.0. Should that work=3F I mean, it
> allows me to choose the newton when I use the Pocket Quicken connect,
> but when I test the connection, we all just sit there twiddling our
> thumbs (that's me, my PC and the Newton...)

Dave,

The problem is that I never used PQ myself, so I'm kind of blind here. When
you decide to connect to the desktop using Pocket Quicken Connect, what are
you using on the computer side?

Since PQC is a completely different application than NCU, it is quite
possible that you won't be able to connect with a more recent machine due to
incompatibilities. Unfortunate, but true. For my part, I've been using
PocketMoney with Quicken on my Mac.

-Laurent.

C Programmer's Disease n.: The tendency of the undisciplined C programmer to set arbitrary but supposedly generous static limits on table sizes (defined, if you're lucky, by constants in header files) rather than taking the trouble to do proper dynamic storage allocation.