Re: [NTLK] $150 newt I need a US address, pls help

From: Michael Blazer (m.blazer_at_utoronto.ca)
Date: Wed Jan 09 2002 - 23:04:53 EST

on 09/01/2002 8:27 PM, Vernon LeMoignan at greenguy_at_oanet.com wrote:

> Just curious.
>
> Why don't they just ship USPS?
>
> Living in Canada and buying stuff(crap according to my wife) off of
> ebay, always means a shipping hasel. But when the sender has used USPS
> I have never had any problems at all. No problems at the border, cheap
> brokerage usually $5.00 (UPS is like $25.00 and up).
>
> I generally don't buy anything anymore unless the sender can ship by
> USPS.
>
> I have noticed some reluctance from Americans sellers to send USPS. is
> there a reason for this?
>
> Vern.

Just a "me too" ... I recently bought my 2000u on eBay and the seller
charged me US$25 to ship "USPS EMS Express Mail", whatever that it. It was
a fairly large & heavy package because it included a whole pile of manuals
too, so I imagine it would have been cheaper for just the Newt and
accessories. Arrived at my door in Toronto from San Francisco in 3 days, no
problems, no brokerage fees, no customs hassles (although there was sticker
saying I might hear from Customs later - I guess NAFTA doesn't exempt Newts
because they're not assembled in North America?

Michael