Re: [NTLK] $150 newt I need a US address, pls help

From: Chris Searles (csearles_at_netcologne.de)
Date: Thu Jan 10 2002 - 05:50:50 EST

>Just a "me too" ... I recently bought my 2000u on eBay and the seller
>charged me US$25 to ship "USPS EMS Express Mail", whatever that it. It was
>a fairly large & heavy package because it included a whole pile of manuals
>too, so I imagine it would have been cheaper for just the Newt and
>accessories. Arrived at my door in Toronto from San Francisco in 3 days, no
>problems, no brokerage fees, no customs hassles (although there was sticker
>saying I might hear from Customs later - I guess NAFTA doesn't exempt Newts
>because they're not assembled in North America?

I can concur. I also enquired at GEMEnterpsies about their shipping
prices to Europe and they gave me the following quotes:

"The extra cost to ship to Germany would be your choice of these shipping

Global Express Mail (EMS) 2 - 3 Days $38.00
Airmail Parcel Post 4 - 7 Days $22.75
Economy (Surface) Parcel Post 4 - 6 Weeks $18.25"

Chris Searles