[NTLK] NTK164 on a "newer" machine

From: Dustin Long (dlong_at_tamu.edu)
Date: Thu Jan 10 2002 - 11:23:38 EST

Has anyone had luck using NTK on a "new world" machine? I've got what I
always thought was a pretty standard setup: two monitors on a g4-733 with
a gig of ram under OS 9.2.1.

I wanted to put some "project gutenberg" books on a storage card for a
trip, so I downloaded Bookmaker and made some .f files, and then
downloaded NTK to make the books.

When I double-click on the Newton Toolkit application, which purports to
be v. 1.6.4, I get the very beginning of what appears to be a splash
screen and then "Could not start the application because of some unknown
error. <OK>"

I didn't see anything further in the development section of the FAQ. Am I
missing something? Do I need to be a particular bit-depth or assign more
RAM to NTK?

Thanks!

~Dustin