[NTLK] $150 newt alternative

From: Aron Hsiao (thoth_at_leapdragon.net)
Date: Thu Jan 10 2002 - 11:25:30 EST

I don't know what anyone will think of this post, so I hope
I don't offend anyone, but...

I wasn't too excited once the details of the $150 newt were
revealed here -- especailly after I e-mailed the address
several times and got no reply. Even though I had committed
to buying two, I decided that I wanted to deal with people
who didn't ignore my e-mail.

Anyway... For anyone who's interested, there are some very
good deals on eBay on 2100's right now. At least there, I
have a feedback profile to go by when I bid. I picked up
two 2100's with keyboards, AC adapters and 4MB cards for
$160 each plus shipping from a seller with a very large
feedback profile, including some very positive feedback on
other identical Newt 2100 auctions. I don't have the
shipment in hand yet (UPS has them en route right now and
scheduled to arrive early next week)... so I can't
personally vouch for the quality of the items or of the
seller.

But I thought I'd mention it in case anyone else is as wary
as I was about sending a credit card number to someone who
won't respond to an email...

-Aron