Re: [NTLK] No new Newton, but Palm might have promise

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Jan 10 2002 - 15:24:06 EST

Unfortunatly, nowhere on the page does it indicate the
handwriting recognition that it will use. It certainly
won't recognize standard handwriting, and what with
the Xerox lawsuit against Palm for the Grafitti
recognition engine, I doubt they will use that! In
which case, this device is doomed to failure, even
WITH that really cool keyboard built in!
I personally will not use any device that will not
recognize my un-modified handwriting at least 98% of
the time!
Ed
web/gadget guru

http://www.the-gadgeteer.com/zaurus-sl-5000d-review.html

http://www.palmstation.com/view_article.py?article=4930&flat_mode=1

http://www.geek.com/pdageek/features/zaurus/index.htm

http://www.techtv.com/products/consumerelectronics/story/0,23008,3363075,00.
> > html
> > http://www.infosync.no/show.php?id=1292&page=1
>
> Hey Steve -
>
> Thanks for the thorough bibliography. I've seen the
> article in Pen Computing
> already ( my favorite magazine by the way ), but I
> find like many others on
> this list that the lack of compatibility with Apple
> platforms is a fatal
> flaw. I guess I'll be waiting to see what Palm 4 has
> to offer. At this point
> in time I'm looking with great interest at the
> Handspring Treo for day to
> day basic stuff, my iBook for work product and my
> Newton for book reading/
> creating and plain old fun.
>
> Dave

=====