[NTLK] Observations on Jobs' keynote

From: Bryan Cantley (bcantley_at_fullerton.edu)
Date: Thu Jan 10 2002 - 15:29:17 EST

I made 2 observations that, since everyone is writing at length about
what Apple will and will not do, I thought I might share [forgive me if
I am overstating the obvious...].

First. Jobs made a point of presenting, "... the "x" request we heard
for the new iMAc was __________... and we said YES..." I would think all
the board members [who are not already doing so] should find the
appropriate source within Apple that "listens" to customer requests and
overwhelm them for a year or so with hard-core requests for a new Newton
device [perhaps a Pad/eMate/Sharp PV-6000 device instead of a "PDA'"].
If they do listen, then a lot of carpet bombing propaganda for a long
time may or may not make a difference.

Second, Jobs mentioned a member of the Board of Directors [I cannot
remember the company] that saw the iMAc and oredered 1000 units. Perhaps
a similar blitzkrieg of all board members of the same thing [new Newton]
would help in convincing Jobs from the inside that it needs to be
considered.

Not trying to start a long thread response, but it would seem we have
strength in our number and unity that might be applied to some avenues
that may have the potential to make a difference.... I doubt Jobs or the
others on the board read our discussions, so let's put some of that
energy into a hopefully productive effort.

Just my 2 pennies.