Re: [NTLK] Newton's Influence on Apple

From: THX 1138 (onefishtwofish_at_mac.com)
Date: Thu Jan 10 2002 - 20:29:21 EST

Verily, on 1/10/02, Chris Myers quoth:
>When I owned an eMate I noted the translucent plastics which made the
>first iMac. The white Apple logo, and how the white and black logo are
>still used today.

Okay, I give up. I quit writing the article I was working on to flip
my emate every which way and find the white apple. Mine has two
rainbow apples, and one plain apple on the bottom label that
contrasts with the background (like almost every mac I've owned). Is
this the white apple?

That aside, you're very right. For a while there people would ask me
if my emate was an iBook, then if it was a prototype, and finally,
what the heck is that? Apple has had a thing for swoopy computers
starting in the early 90's, and I find the emate to be a nice middle
ground between the old platinum units: curves without color (i.e the
Mac Classic Series); and the new translucent units: clear and
colorful curves (i.e. the iMac). Someday if I teach a class on The
History of Computer Aesthetics (ARTH 432) I'll be sure to mention
that.

later,

--
ben.