Re: [NTLK] Newton Backlight Replacement

From: Samuel Jacobson (jacobson98_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Thu Jan 10 2002 - 23:36:18 EST

Hello Ferdi,

  I have some question for you regarding your backlight replacements. I
noticed for the first time a few days ago that there is a small black
"diamond" shape on the top of my screen (or side as I have the screen
rotated). I do not recall having banged the screen in any way, and always
use a screen protector (not that this would help with a hard, blunt force), thus I do not know what has happened. I was wondering if the backlight
replacements you sell will help to fix this problem?

  Second, I find it difficult to read off a uMP 2000 and was wondering if
the white backlight (thus with black letters being shown on the white
screen) would make it easier to read, say a book, off of the unit? I think
I asked this before, so please forgive my redundancy, yet I do not off-hand recall your exact response.

  Third do you, per chance, know how much it would cost to send the unit
from Florida to you in Canada?

  Thank you!

Sam J.

Always remember, "Ad astra per aspera"...

email:
      jacobson98_at_earthlink.net
      or
      sjacobso_at_chuma.cas.usf.edu

Lab. Telephone (via Dr. Susan Bell): 813-974-5420

SnailMail:
     Department of Biology
     University of South Florida
     SCA 110