Re: [NTLK] Newton Backlight Replacement

From: peter brigg (pbrigg_at_uoguelph.ca)
Date: Fri Jan 11 2002 - 10:53:19 EST

on 1/10/02 11:36 PM, Samuel Jacobson at jacobson98_at_earthlink.net wrote:

> Hello Ferdi,
>
> I have some question for you regarding your backlight replacements. I
> noticed for the first time a few days ago that there is a small black
> "diamond" shape on the top of my screen (or side as I have the screen
> rotated). I do not recall having banged the screen in any way, and always
> use a screen protector (not that this would help with a hard, blunt force),
> thus I do not know what has happened. I was wondering if the backlight
> replacements you sell will help to fix this problem?
>
> Second, I find it difficult to read off a uMP 2000 and was wondering if
> the white backlight (thus with black letters being shown on the white
> screen) would make it easier to read, say a book, off of the unit? I think
> I asked this before, so please forgive my redundancy, yet I do not off-hand
> recall your exact response.
>
> Third do you, per chance, know how much it would cost to send the unit
> from Florida to you in Canada?
>
> Thank you!
>
> Sam J.

> Just a note to say i got Ferdi to put the white backlight in my 2100 and it is
fine for reading in low light. I now realise the Newton problem, with the
original backlight or Ferdi's, is in medium light where even with the
backlight on the ambient light makes reading the screen somewhat difficult.
Ferdi did the job quickly and professionally an kept me informed of receipt,
dispatch, etc.

peter

pb