Re: [NTLK] [ANN] Newton Meeting in Paris on Jan, 18th

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Fri Jan 11 2002 - 09:22:25 EST

>Is this a one-time thing, or is it of the sort that I ought to list on my
>NUGs page (see SIG)? If so, what e-mail address or URL should I list for
>contacting?

Well, this is a one-time thing that could occur again if we find it
entertaining ;)

I don't recall how we came to this idea, but we discussed it in
December on the Newton-FR mailing list. You may use my e-mail address
if you want or Newton-FR subscription link
(mailto:newtonfr-request_at_ml.free.fr&subject=subscribe).
(However, Newton-FR isn't a French mailing list, it's a French
speaking mailing list, some of us are French and some live close
enough to Paris to come to a meeting here).

BTW, I don't think that the restaurant has an internet access fast
enough to do a QuickTime streaming. Nevertheless, to compete with
LANUG NPDS/newtVNC parties, meetings where Woo illustrates Hobbes
story of the Ship of Theseus with a Newton or meetings where half of
the users lives more than 2,000 kilometers away, we might reveal some
new technology to be developed by Nicolas Zinovieff & myself if time
permits. Beyond the wildest rumors, of course :)

Paul

--
Home page: http://www.kallisys.com/
Newton-powered WebServer: http://newt.dyndns.org:8080/