Re: [NTLK] $140 Newtons and weak batteries

From: doppler (doppler_at_mac.com)
Date: Sat Jan 12 2002 - 13:00:46 EST

Frank Gruendel [Frank_Gruendel_at_t-online.de] wrote the following 2002-01-12
14.53:

> with all this talk about weak batteries in the $150
> Newtons,

the units may have been used a lot when plugged in. i think the FAQ somwhere
describes that it is not so good for the battery to be loaded inside the
unit when connected to a socket, so that might be it.

my best advice to anyone buying a backup newt is to get an extra ethernet
card and set it up as a server, using the most worn accessories, ie stylus,
batt pack and charger. this way, we will have more newts on our trackers ;-D

now beat that iPaq - with 2000 backup newtons acting as servers, not only
the new iMac will create headlines on the next Time front cover ;-D

keep it green!

PS. yes, I AM also setting up my BU newties as NPDS hosts soon!

doppler