Re: [NTLK] Simple Mail Problem

From: Andy Pasulka (anp919_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Sun Jan 13 2002 - 21:42:06 EST

on 1/12/02 2:32 PM, Philip Katz at pkatt_at_mac.com wrote:

> I installed Simple Mail, as a few of you suggested. I set it up in
> accordance to the help file. I wrote a message. Said send. It connected,
> but when It came time for it to transfer it, it said couldn't resolve ip
> address stmp.mac.com or something like that.

STMP? Is this a typo, or do you really have STMP on your Newton? SMTP stands
for Simple Transfer Mail Protocol; SMTP could stand for, gosh, darn near
anything.

Odds are the server is smtp.mac.com. But I never have checked my mac.com
address from my Newton, so I can't speak from experience.

Not trying to be Mr. Smarty-pants,
ANP

--

Towards the insignificant (from Brian Eno's Oblique Strategies) Andy Pasulka www.imaxx.net/~anp/ anp919_at_earthlink.net