Re: [NTLK] new nokia pda

From: Mark Smith (markds_at_mac.com)
Date: Tue Jan 15 2002 - 12:08:47 EST

re:

http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/nm/20020115/tc/column_pluggedin_dc_3.html

the article fails to put over the fact that this thing has been around
in Europe for ages. (I guess around 4 years). Sure its gotten gradually
better and gradually more popular. But, IMO its still a dud. The thing
is huge and heavy, the screen is lousy and I suspect it is going to get
creamed by:

Danger Inc's Hiptop
Simens new pocket pc GSM phone
Handspring's Treo

all of these are smaller and way cooler (except for the software on the
Siemens of course).

Also, I don't know exactly what market the nokia communicator has 30%
of, but it must be a real specific niche. I _do not_ see these things
very often in Europe. There is no way this thing has overtaken Palms in
the general European handheld market. No way.

just my 2 cents,

mark.