[NTLK] ricochet question

From: doppler (doppler_at_mac.com)
Date: Tue Jan 15 2002 - 19:02:08 EST

question:

has anyone had experience with aerie (former metricom/ricochet) and newton?
is the service still available for newton?

at http://www.ricochet.com/pf_netstat.htm, it says:

"Ricochet Networks is actively engaged in developing new market
partnerships, market materials and product packages. We intend to provide
the service at a new lower price point than previously offered and make it
available to millions of users where they buy other related products and
services. Hold on to your modems. We will post more specific information
regarding market areas and in-service dates as available."

now i wonder, since i heard the network was re-opened i NYC after WTC
horror, is it so that the old service will work with newton again? is anyone
using it already?

regards,

doppler