Re: [NTLK] 2000 vs. 2100 screen differences & idle curiosity.

From: Martin Domscheit (kunstflug_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Jan 16 2002 - 11:42:52 EST

> The 2100 screens are much
>more like my CE PDA was, in that there is no detectable
>depression in the surface at all when tapping, giving a
>very different, more "solid" feel to the display.
>
>- Finally, if I run my finger down the 2100 displays in
>bright light, I can make out what look like "oil rings"
>(like you see in city puddles) behind the topmost layer
>where my finger has been, though they disappear almost
>instantly. I can't reproduce this on my 2000u unit.

I had the same type of display on my first 2100 (german version).
After a short time it became defective. Hopefully you will not get
the problems with the alignment of the touch screen I experienced. I
think this type of display was only used for a short period of time.
After it became obvious that there are many problems with the touch
surface they changed to the type with the noticable distance between
the screen and the top foil you write on. My "new" 2100 I bought some
month ago from eBay has the latter type of display and works
perfectly now.

Greetings,
Martin