Re: [NTLK] nokia cardphone 2.0 - modem setup package%26in-reply-to=%26lt;b86bd660.9af1%doppler@mac.com>

From: Camillus Guhl (cam_at_guhl.net)
Date: Thu Jan 17 2002 - 04:56:00 EST

>BTW, is anyone using the fifo (firstfone) packages for anything useful?
>would be interesting if anyone succeded with anything interesting.

Roman, I used this packages only with the FiFo and only for testing purposes, I never used the fifo to place calls through the newton (with headset) as the quality is really, really, bad. I used the FiFo mainly for Internet Access (E-Mail), a year ago it suddenly stopped and refused to work with my MP2100...

There was another FiFo Package from Solutionsetc.de that worked a little bit more reliable than the packages that came with the FirstFone. I could only try the demo.

If anyone is interested, my old FiFo webpage is still online: http://newton.guhl.net/newton/fifo/

Regards
Cam

http://www.newtonsearch.net/