Re: [NTLK] Taking Notes on MP2000/2100?

From: Stephanie Maks (steph_at_maksystems.com)
Date: Thu Jan 17 2002 - 15:08:49 EST

I don't know how the Newton keyboard is wired, but both shift keys might
still share the same circuit, and if that circuit is cracked or something,
that would explain why both shift keys stopped functioning.

Has the keyboard seen any damage recently, like a drop or something?

I once dropped a (empty!) pint mug on a keyboard, it landed right on the B,
and wiped out b,v,c,x, and z. The shift key though still worked! I took it
apart and had to use a jeweler's loupe to find the crack; out of a small
maze of traces only a single one had less than a hairline crack. It was
enough though to stop those 5 keys till I fixed it.

-Stephanie