[NTLK] FW: Heap (of) Trouble

From: Chris Chapman (pan1k_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Fri Jan 18 2002 - 11:11:09 EST

------ Forwarded Message
From: paN1k <pan1k_at_mediaone.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 22:37:16 -0800
To: <newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net>
Subject: Heap (of) Trouble

Hey guys...

I am still having trouble with the heap. I've frozen packages (which I
thought helped free up heap space...) It seems like whenever I launch
Dateman I lose around 200k of heap and when I open extras I lose about the
same amount of heap. The problem is, when the heap drops around 100-170k, it
gets hard to do any input via the stylus. Any help/suggestions? Should I
change the background app? I'm using the one from SAS right now....it gets
frustrating because it also acts up and the only way to fix it is to
restart. Should I erase the newt and start over? Could it be a system soup
problem?

-Chris

------ End of Forwarded Message