Re: [NTLK] FW: Heap (of) Trouble

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Fri Jan 18 2002 - 11:41:45 EST

On 18/01/02 11:11, "Chris Chapman" <pan1k_at_earthlink.net> wrote:

> I am still having trouble with the heap. I've frozen packages (which I
> thought helped free up heap space...) It seems like whenever I launch
> Dateman I lose around 200k of heap and when I open extras I lose about the
> same amount of heap. The problem is, when the heap drops around 100-170k, it
> gets hard to do any input via the stylus. Any help/suggestions? Should I
> change the background app? I'm using the one from SAS right now....it gets
> frustrating because it also acts up and the only way to fix it is to
> restart. Should I erase the newt and start over? Could it be a system soup
> problem?

It could be that DateMan is leaking memory. That wouldn't be surprising,
since the package is from StandAlone. As far as Backdrop Plus also from
StandAlone, it's pretty stable and doesn't seem to have any problem. I've
been using it for maybe the last 3 years without any problem and I never
noticed it leaking memory or having suspicious freezes or errors.

-Laurent.