Re: [NTLK] Airport on Newton

From: Oliver Brose (oliver.brose_at_t-online.de)
Date: Mon Jan 21 2002 - 11:53:19 EST

> Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2002 13:33:29 -0600
> Subject: [NTLK] Airport on Newton
> From: Jim Richter <paparichter_at_yahoo.com>
>
> I spent an hour fudging around with the set-up for the card and have
> finally managed to maintain a stable wireless AppleTalk connection
> between my Mac and my 2100. I have backed up the Newton, installed some
> packages, and exported some NewtonWorks documents without a problem.
>
> I have not been able to get the 2100 to become part of my computer
> network using my AirPort base station as router. The connection that I
> can get is a computer to computer temporary network. I had to enter in
> the G4's IP address, subnet mask, etc. by hand into the Newton.

Jim, I have tried it again, and again I have failed.
I think I need exact information regarding the settings within the Newton.
Where do I tell the Newton about the IP, subnet etc.?
Do I have to tell it the iBook's AirPort ID? (The iBook knows the Lucent
Card's ID)
I just found something within the Newtons "Internet" settings that allowed
me to enter such information, but I don't want internet, I want to dock...

Is there anything else I have t do on the iBook apart from aktivating the
computer to computer network?

I run AP1.3.1, but have 1.2 available. I just don't think it's a good idea
to downgrade my system before I know what to set where.

Oliver :)

--
Ich habe den Eindruck, da=DF Nachdenken bei Menschen eine sehr beschr=E4nkte
Ressource ist, die man nicht immer wieder f=FCr eindeutige Dinge