Re: [NTLK] Power adapters

From: Johannes Wolf (jwolf_at_xe.estec.esa.nl)
Date: Tue Jan 22 2002 - 07:50:30 EST

First: its wrong to add up all the battery capacities since they are used
in series and thus you have the capacity of one cell at a higher voltage.
Switching them in parallel would be another thing.

To answer your question:
have a look at
http://www.logictools.de/newton/akku_mod/akku2k.html
or at the URL of my old friend Marco Mailand:
http://slsbd.psi.ch/~mmailand/Npages/Naccu/Naccu.html

The essential thing is that you need to add a thermistor and the
appropriate connections to your battery tray, otherwise the Newt will not
charge your NiMH cells in the battery tray.

Johannes