Re: [NTLK] Mac OS X, Newton Toolkit, PortShare, IMDb ebook

From: Brian (bmcewen_at_mediaone.net)
Date: Tue Jan 22 2002 - 09:56:35 EST

>I guess the PortShare demo time ran out since I can no longer launch Newton
>Toolkit under Mac OS X. The price of the full version is CA$128. Since all I
>use Toolkit for anymore is to produce the IMDb ebooks, I cannot pay that
>price. I'm spending less and less time in OS 9 now so booting back just to
>build the ebooks is a real pain. Any alternatives to PortShare?

I thought that Laurent (or someone) was using something else to get the
thing to work under X; was it only portshare that has been mentioned on the
list?

>Well, enough crying in my beer. Time to seriously consider the alternatives.
>Hmm, maybe I should just use Text-to-Speech to record audio clips of the

I have to say, I just started looking at the IMDb book you have made and
it's really neat. For some reason I never realized until just now that
they had a "top 250" list of all-time rated movies, not just the last 24
months of new releases. That's a nice reference.

Hope you get the 2x00 to power back up; if you look on the list archives I
think there are some posts about fixing the battery contacts, if that's
what you suspect as the cause of the problem.

Brian