Re: [NTLK] Mac OS X, Newton Toolkit, PortShare, IMDb ebook

From: Tom Sheppard (TSheppard_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Jan 23 2002 - 17:49:52 EST

On 2002-01-22 9:56, "Brian" <bmcewen_at_mediaone.net> wrote:

> I have to say, I just started looking at the IMDb book you have made and
> it's really neat. For some reason I never realized until just now that
> they had a "top 250" list of all-time rated movies, not just the last 24
> months of new releases. That's a nice reference.

Just a word of warning though. My Top 250 list is not the same as the IMDb's
for the reasons mentioned here:
<http://www.magma.ca/~sheppard/IMDb/My%20Top%20250.html>

> Hope you get the 2x00 to power back up; if you look on the list archives I
> think there are some posts about fixing the battery contacts, if that's
> what you suspect as the cause of the problem.

It works OK with the rechargeable pack (but sometimes dies if the case is
twisted a little bit), but not with the normal battery packs. I'll have to
search the list on that problem. I've tried swabbing the contacts with
alcohol both on the pack and inside the battery compartment without success.

...Tom