[NTLK] names info to rolodex

From: Brian (bmcewen_at_mediaone.net)
Date: Tue Jan 22 2002 - 22:49:13 EST

My rolodex cardfile thing is super old, rather dated, and falling apart.
My 2100 Names is pretty current.

I got a new one (Rolodex, not 2100 :) and a pack of mailing labels today; I
thought I'd be able to figure out a way to get the info from Names printed
onto mailing labels, then just stick them on the cards.

The nameprinter 1.4 app from Flash Sheridan (1996 I think) would work
pretty well, from the description, but it only supports NOS 2.0, not 2.1-
it won't install on the 2100. It was what I was planning on using.
Mailing Labels from SAS works for addresses and names but won't print
phone(s) or email.

I have my MP130 (so Nameprinter should work) but don't wish to try and sync
names either direction with that as I've heard that doesn't work well, and
I don't wish to clear the names on the 130 (and then just load a backup of
the names from the 2100) in case I've got stuff on there that I didn't
transfer to the 2100.

I wanted to do this straight from the Newt but have just about decided I'll
have to backup to Palm Desktop or Claris organizer or whatever, and then
print the labels from a desktop app. That would be easier than syncing to
the 130 then fixing duplicate names and other issues, if I try and get them
to the 130, I think...

But printing from the desktop feels like defeat somehow..... but I'd like
to keep emails and multiple phone #'s intact, not mangle data on either MP,
and this seems like the easiest way.

Any suggestions are welcomed!

Thanks,

Brain