Re: [NTLK] Airport on Newton

From: Gerry Lusk (glusk_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Jan 23 2002 - 17:57:16 EST

I tried this once with a Orinoco Gold card and it didn't work. But a couple
of people say they got it to work so I'm not giving up yet. Here are some
of my observations from this thread:

Old WaveLan Silver wireless card (Hiroshi san mentions the OEM Lucent card)
Airport v1.2
Ad Hoc (peer-to-peer) mode
Channel 3

Laurent makes some good points (see below) about this stuff being very
specific. It was hard-coded to work with the setup that the author had and
is not very versatile. I also believe that Airport v1.2 is important. I'm
hoping that I have the old airport software on a backup disk from a year or
so ago. Now I just have to find an old Lucent card.

Perhaps one of the folks out there who has this working can be VERY specific
about the setup that works. And then change one thing at a time until it
breaks. This is very time-consuming but it the only way to figure this
stuff out.

C-YA!
Gerry