Re: [NTLK] The Joy of EtherTalk Backups...

From: Aron Hsiao (thoth_at_leapdragon.net)
Date: Fri Jan 25 2002 - 14:14:45 EST

On Friday 25 January 2002 12:01 pm, you wrote:
> I can't seem to get my Newton to recongnize my
> Basilisk II box on the network. Could you post your
> BasiliskII_prefs file somewhere? Mine is listed
> below.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dave

Make sure you've selected "EtherTalk" in the Appletalk
dialog off the apple menu, make sure you've selected your
ethernet interface in the "Serial/Network" tab of the
BasiliskII control panel. Also in Linux you must load a
kernel module called "sheep_net.o" in order for networking
to work properly.

Also, I turned off the CD-ROM driver once OS 8.1 and a few
pieces of software were installed, because it seemed to
cause the environment to run in a "jerky" fashion,
apparently because it was checking for the presence of a CD
every few seconds.

-Aron

config file:

disk /win/md2/BasiliskII Installation/MainDrive
extfs /
screen win/1024/768
seriala /dev/ttyS0
serialb /dev/ttyS1
ether eth0
udptunnel false
udpport 6066
rom /usr/local/BasiliskII/Performa475.rom
bootdrive 0
bootdriver 0
ramsize 31457280
frameskip 0