Re: [NTLK] eMate Keyboard

From: Joel M. Sciamma (joelsciamma_at_compuserve.com)
Date: Fri Jan 25 2002 - 18:44:27 EST

Stephen,

> I just got my replacement eMate from PowerON. It is great, and works
> fine, except for one thing... the spacebar is only half-attached to the
> buttons it is supposed to press. The left side works, but the right side
> is hanging loose and does not make a space. I really don't want to send
> another one back... do you think this is something I could take care of
> myself?

You may find that it's simply that the bright metal wire that stabilizes the
spacebar has slipped out from under the little ledge moulded into the base
of the keyboard.

Gently lift the spacebar up and off the keyboard and you will see where it
has to go. Position the return spring on its peg and the two ends of the
wire under their ledges then clip the bar back down and it should snap back
into place and remain firm.

Joel.