Re: [NTLK] eMate Keyboard

From: Nathan Hunt (hamlet_sr_at_email.com)
Date: Sat Jan 26 2002 - 21:38:49 EST

>I just got my replacement eMate from PowerON. It is great, and works
>fine, except for one thing... the spacebar is only half-attached to the
>buttons it is supposed to press. The left side works, but the right side
>is hanging loose and does not make a space. I really don't want to send
>another one back... do you think this is something I could take care of
>myself?
>
>sj
>
>http://homepage.mac.com/stevehj
>

>--

>I popped off my own spacebar to find a fix, and here it is:
>Pop off your spacebar with the tip of the stylus. Place the spring
>(from >underneath the key) on the 3rd extrusion from the left (note:
>the spring is not >absolutely necessary). Now, there is a sort of
>"wire" thing on the actual >spacebar button. Use your fingernail to
>pry into a position 90=B0 from its >original position. It has sort of
>"hooks" at either end. Slide the left "hook" >into the left groove
>on the keyboard. Make sure it goes ALL the way into it. >Slide the
>right "hook" into the other groove, again making sure it goes all
>the >way into it. Press down. It should be fixed. If it isn't, then
>my directions >weren't clear enough. NOTE: If you are confused about
>which side is which, >remember that on the left side the wire goes
>all the way to the edge, while on >the righ it does not, and leaves
>a space.

>--Nathan

Oops, sorry. I sent this just as I was recieving your email stating
that you had fixed it.

--Nathan

--

,-----/----. | O | O | | / | | (__ | | \___|__/ | '-----\----' Some people say that I'm superficial, but that's just on the surface. On one hand, I'm indecisive; but on the other, I'm not. If there's one thing I can't stand, it's intolerance. Prejudiced people are all alike. Avoid cliches like the plague.