Re: [NTLK] Newton Inc MP2100

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Mon Jan 28 2002 - 15:39:10 EST

On Mon, 28 Jan 2002, Stephen Jendraszak wrote:

> I think, although I could be wrong, that the Newton Inc. logo, which was
> circular, was replaced by the Apple logo on a kind of circular base. I
> remember reading that somewhere. But I don't have a 2100, so someone
> else could probably confirm this.

That is absolutely correct. Basicially when Newton Inc got
re-incorporated into Apple, the 2100s were already in pre-production and
changing the case design, not to mention the equipment that molds the
cases, would have been much more expensive than just making little plastic
blobs with the logo silkscreened onto them.