Re: [NTLK] Re - Newbie has a storage card problem

From: Eric L. Strobel (fyzycyst_at_home.com)
Date: Mon Jan 28 2002 - 21:08:45 EST

somewhere near the temporal coordinates of 1/28/02 7:34 PM, the entity known
as Frank Gruendel transmitted the following from Frank_Gruendel_at_t-online.de:

>> Thing is, I can't get my Newt to 'see' them at all. Every time I put on
> in,
>> lock it in place and go to Extras before tapping on Card, it simply comes
>> back with the message 'No card inserted'. Am I missing something here?
>
> Sorry if this is insulting, but...
>
> You are aware that there's a switch on the bottom of the Newton that must
> be pushed up (so you don't see any red anymore) so that the Newton can
> recognize the card? Just pushing it in isn't enough.

I interpreted the statement "lock it in place" to be the using the switch on
the bottom. But your mention of that brings up something important... One
must be SURE that the switch is all the way engaged and hasn't accidentally
become partly disengaged. I once put my 130 into my laptop bag the 'wrong
way' (I normally put it in with bottom end DOWN, so the power switch doesn't
accidentally get toggled when I put it in.). Seems the PC Slot switch goes
in the same direction as the power switch... Next time I tried to use the
Newt, I spent an uncomfortable few seconds thinking my 8 MB card had gone
kaput. The switch FELT right, but when I turned it over & looked, I could
see what happened.

- Eric.