Re: [NTLK] Re - repairs

From: emdub (emdub_at_mac.com)
Date: Tue Jan 29 2002 - 18:35:05 EST

Thanks for the great help!

I decided to try a few more things: The battery pack IS dead. 1.2 Volts=20=

is definetly not enough juice (I got a Voltmeter). So I followed the=20
instructions on the site and did the "leaving the power button on" thing=20=

and left it for a few hours. Then instead of putting in the dead battery=20=

pack I hot-wired a 6V AC/DC convertor to the battery terminals and Newty=20=

made a "bing"!!!!!! Theres no image on the screen but every time I do a=20=

reset it does the same noise. Is there a way for me to control the=20
contrast if I can't see a thing? Could it be the screen Contrast? When I=20=

do a Reset a line comes across the screen, so the screen isn't dead.=20
There is a slight change on the screen when I turn it on or off plus=20
there's a veeeeeeeerrrryyyyy slight "hum" in his innards.... (yes I'm=20
still refering to Newton!)

Any other good ideas before I "rip" him open?

-mw

When piloting remember it's always a good idea to keep the pointy end=20
going forward as much as possible.