Re: [NTLK] Backing up to flash cards

From: Peter Cameron (pdwc_at_sympatico.ca)
Date: Wed Jan 30 2002 - 13:59:39 EST

> "Jim Anderson" <jiman_at_microsoft.com> wrote:

> Now, when I back up, the backup size is only
> about 150kB. It seems to me that perhaps I'm
> only backing up the internal store.

   You are correct. All that got backed up to the card was the internal store. Backing up the card involves backing up to another computer or use of other utilities.
   Also, remember that a backup will replace anything you have written since the backup when you do a restore.
   I've found the best ways to store data I might want to use again are to:
   A) refile the store on a card.
   B) export the data to a deskop/laptop

Peter