Re: [NTLK] newtontalk Digest V2 #86

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Thu Jan 31 2002 - 16:56:01 EST

On 31/01/02 16:40, "oliver.brose_at_t-online.de" <oliver.brose_at_t-online.de>
wrote:

>> Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 13:02:39 +0100
>> Subject: Re: [NTLK] [OT] NCU-like software native MacOS X: what prevents
>> From: Robert Benschop <rbenschop_at_mac.com>
>>

>> on 31-01-2002 11:40, Oliver Brose at oliver.brose_at_t-online.de wrote:
>>
>>> The very good: I have an excellent AQUA Scheme for OS9 that gives me lots of
>>> speed and still has shadows & transparancy *g*
>>
>> Name/link to this scheme ?
>
> The name is "Aqua II+ 2.5.6" by Peter Harte (for Kaleidoscope). It is one of
> those thingies Apple does not like, so it might be hard to find.

Is this a "theme" that can be used as part of the Appearance control panel,
or a scheme for Kaleidoscope or something else?

I currently have a theme named "Aqua", that was pulled by Apple shortly
after Apple demonstrated Aqua publicly for the first time. However, there
are some problems with it. So, if anybody knows the source to a much better
Aqua theme, that is recognized by the Appearance control panel, I'd be
interested.

I could trade 3 infamous themes that Apple did create but were never
released, namely Gizmo, Hi-Tech and Drawing Board, complete with their own
sounds...

-Laurent.

benchmark n.: [techspeak] An inaccurate measure of computer performance. "In
the computer industry, there are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and
benchmarks." Well-known ones include Whetstone, Dhrystone, Rhealstone (see
h), the Gabriel LISP benchmarks (see gabriel), the SPECmark suite, and
LINPACK. See also machoflops, MIPS, smoke and mirrors.