Re: [NTLK] Help sync'ing Newt & Palm Desktop

From: Joe R. Richardson (joerr_at_eos.net)
Date: Wed Jul 03 2002 - 13:37:39 EDT

On Wed, 03 Jul 2002 13:14:33, in response to my question:
>on 7/2/02 8:25 PM, Joe R. Richardson at joerr_at_eos.net wrote:
>
>> "The operation was not completed because of the following error:
>> Unable to access file. Verify that the file is closed, you have
>> enough disk space, and that the device is not write locked."
>
> > I've run out of ideas. Can anyone offer any suggestions?

Jon Glass answered:

>Well, other than the possibility that NCU may not be able to sync a ver. 4
>Palm Desktop file, it may also be possible that you still have Palm open,

No, I got the same error message whether Palm Desktop was open or
not. You may be right that ver. 4 is too different from older
versions to work.

>meaning that it is keeping NCU from being able to write to it, or it may be
>possible that you have the palm extension set to use it as the file for
>alarms and alerts. I don't know how X does it, but in 9 and lower, it there
>is an extension and a menu to control this stuff. You need to make sure that
this file isn't being used to pop up meeting alerts and stuff.[snip]

I'm not sure I follow. The Organizer file, in the NCU folder, is only
synchronized with the Palm Desktop data file, not the primary data
file for Desktop. When I checked the information for the Organizer
file it shows no extension, but lists the Palm Desktop 4.0 as the
application that will open it.

Thank you for taking the time to respond, but I'm still confused in
Cincinnati. :\

--
Cheers,
Lurch