[NTLK] Help sync'ing Newt & Palm Desktop

From: Joe R. Richardson (joerr_at_eos.net)
Date: Tue Jul 02 2002 - 14:25:40 EDT

I'm trying to sync my Newton 2100 with my Palm Desktop 4.0 (running
under OS X), but have been unable. I have my Newton connected to my
iMac via ethernet with the NCU under Classic mode. I have merged the
Palm Desktop with the Organizer file (NCU->IntelliLink->Organizer).
When I select Synchronize in NCU everything seems to go fine until I
get an error message:

"The operation was not completed because of the following error:
Unable to access file. Verify that the file is closed, you have
enough disk space, and that the device is not write locked."

So I checked the file and it was not locked. The file is 158 kb and
there is 20 meg open on my 32 meg card, so there should be plenty of
room. The Newton is not locked, but the permissions for the file for
group and other are read only (read & write for owner). I went into
the terminal and chmod 755 for the file, but that doesn't seem to
have done the trick.

I've run out of ideas. Can anyone offer any suggestions?

--
Cheers,
Lurch