Re: [NTLK] nushield (extreme opacity)

From: Jim Witte (jswitte_at_bloomington.in.us)
Date: Thu Jul 04 2002 - 12:55:27 EDT

   NuShield has just released a new film that is supposed to be clearer
(I haven't tried it yet.) The old film is rather opaque, but after a
few hours/days on the screen it "settles down" and "adheres" to the
screen better (of course, it doesn't actually adhere, but I would
suppose that air gets pushed out, static electricity takes over a bit,
whatever). And you tend to get used to it. Although I must admit,
that's one of the things that bugged me about NuShields (that and the
fact that I ordered a pack just weeks before they started using the new
film)

   As for other things out there, the only one I'm aware of is the
WriteRight, although I'm not sure if they're sized for a Newton, or if
you can cut them to size, or what. They actually have an adhesive, but
I'm not sure if they're as tough as the NuShield, and they may be
slicker. I always hate writing on things that don't feel at least a
little like paper - but then that's not a problem for the Palm folks -
you don't *write* much on a Palm at all! (Although Graffiti does have
it's advantages of writing on trains and bumpy cars, and punctuation)

Jim